December 2, 2015
Pharma-Cruiting Life Sciences Executive Search is seeking a Vice President Oncology Clinical Development in the Greater Philadelphia area.
The successful candidate will be trained in oncology (e.g. medical oncology, radiation oncology) and will serve as a key member of the Management Team participating in the strategic development and operational execution of our client’s oncology pipeline. This role is both very “hands on” and “strategic” and the individual will interact closely with all members of the company and with external vendors, principal investigators and key thought leaders.
- Provides medical and drug development leadership for internal cross functional team for development of the oncology portfolio
- Interacts with preclinical scientists, medical scientists, biostatisticians, pharmacokineticists, pharmacovigilance, regulatory affairs and clinical operations professionals
- Interacts with global regulatory bodies including the FDA and EMA to accomplish tasks related to product development and collaborates with “internal” regulatory staff and oversees the clinical research plans and sections for INDs/BLAs
- Responsible for the development and/or oversight of key internal and external documents pertaining to product development including clinical study protocol, informed consents, CRFs, CSRs, meeting abstracts, scientific journal publications, strategy documents and project plans
- Collaborates with and/or oversees external vendors such as CROs for the conduct of our client’s clinical studies
- Serves as a primary intellectual resource for medical and scientific expertise for all oncology programs
- Represents company at key national and international medical and scientific meetings including participation in advisory boards with key opinion leaders
- Implements the highest ethical and regulatory standards during the investigation and development of our client’s pipeline
- Provides guidance for successful implementation and accomplishment of investigator initiated trials related to product development and life cycle management of an oncology compound
- Interacts with clinical study sites (may include face to face visits) to manage the implementation of trials
- M.D. or D.O. degree with 5 to 10 years of experience in oncology drug development in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company
- Must be trained in Radiation or Medical Oncology, Hematology, board certification a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- A successful track record leading the clinical development of drug candidates from pre-clinical activities through global clinical trials, experience in Phase 1/II would be a plus
- An expertise in all aspects of resourcing clinical development activities including managing budgets, hiring, oversight of site selection, developing and mentoring personnel and managing external relationships including CROs, partners and regulatory authorities
- Must be a leader and a manager with the knowledge and experience to “get things done”.
- Ability to set high/but reachable goals, clearly communicate these goals and infuse the team with a sense of purpose and urgency in attainment of these goals
- Organized, effective leader with the ability to define priorities and focus on areas that add value to the business
- Highly effective in developing processes necessary to achieve results including organizing individuals and activities
- Excellent analytical and strategic planning skills with a track record of delivering on high-performing clinical studies
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to motivate and influence various parts of the organization regardless of level.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively manage change and comfortably change direction and act without complete information
- Ability to work in a high growth entrepreneurial environment with the ability to wear many hats
- A track record of building successful collaborations with key opinion leaders/investigators, pharmaceutical and biotech organizations as well as relationships with the FDA
EMAIL: email@example.com to apply